Barred Rocks!!

I have barred chicks that are 5 weeks old. 4 are black and barred, one is lighter (greyish) and barred like the others. The lighter chick has a comb developing that is definitely larger than the others and the face/head has slightly different features. I am wondering if this chick could possibly be a rooster. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I have barred chicks that are 5 weeks old. 4 are black and barred, one is lighter (greyish) and barred like the others. The lighter chick has a comb developing that is definitely larger than the others and the face/head has slightly different features. I am wondering if this chick could possibly be a rooster. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Sounds like a roo to me.

I was looking at your picture and was wondering if it is a female, I am only asking because we have 3 that look the same but we were told they were all roosters.

Here are my 2 week olds!!! Growing so fast

OK, so here they are a week ago.... although the giant comb, i've been looking at some others pictures, and she could still be a she right???? the New Hampshire red in the middle COCKADOODOOO'd this morning, so that is a 'for sure'... we can't have roosters in our neighborhood. we LOVE pepper, although, she is giant in comparison to the others still could be a girl???

Back
Top Bottom