Barred Rocks!!

Here is Ethel's 2 week old pic.

Her beak is menacing! Haha!

She's so cute!!! I just highly recommend NOT wearing earrings around her. One of my birds once jumped up on my shoulder, plucked my favorite pearl earring out of my ear and swallowed it before I had a chance to react. These birds like their bling.
wink.png

She's so cute!!! I just highly recommend NOT wearing earrings around her. One of my birds once jumped up on my shoulder, plucked my favorite pearl earring out of my ear and swallowed it before I had a chance to react. These birds like their bling.
wink.png
ep.gif
lau.gif
OH yes, and she isn't afraid to get up and investigate me... so good advice on the earrings. So far she goes after all my little freckles. Ouch.

Buttercup rooster and Barred Rock hen = black sexlink. In case you didn't know already, that's a boy.

I had my suspicions but my understanding of poultry genetics is still evolving so I really appreciate the confirmation. I'd already named him Quincy, so I'm glad I don't have to change it over gender mis-identification.
wink.png

I just got 18 chicks and told they were Barred Rocks. This is the friendliest bunch of chicks I have ever raised. They have came up and jump in my hands from day one.

Back
Top Bottom