Battling Extreme Desert Heat

that whole wattle wetting is why I stuck with tub waterers... even the ones that dont like water have to dip their wattles in it some to get a drink.

I never put out a waiding pool before... I have seen a bunch here and heard alot of positive testimony so when I get my coop rebuilt a Wading are will be considered in the run landscape... nice Shade cloth... Maybe a treat hanger... Chicken SPA...

deb

Had this posted on my FB page by a friend. I don't know if it's already been posted here or not....don't feel like looking through all 16 pages of this thread..lol
Oh my GAWD! That is hysterical! I'm stealing it for FB. Crispy 108 here today. To heck with not using water! I put up a mister. Mine don't quite lay like that either, but they like wetting their feet. I did the bricks in the cement tub with water, they are liking laying on that too.

I have an EE that will stay in the pool nearly all day. I have started rinsing the sand and changing the water in the pool once a week. Twice if I have time. They started drinking out of it and sometimes eating the sand. Figured I ought to make it cleaner. They have clean waterers, free choice grit, and a dust bath full of sand. They eat and drink out of the pool. Bird brains.

For What its Worth today its 105° F or 40.6° C.....
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom