Battling Extreme Desert Heat

HA! Hill Country here I come!
Kingsland is central, about an hour west of Austin. I'm in the true Hill Country! Why are you heading to Texas, and what part?
My heart has been in TX for a long time. Waited for hubby to retire from military. I'm SO over Ca! Crime, drugs, criminals, traffic, taxes, gas is $5. per gallon, Sales tax is 9%, just today, $60. for smog plus $161. for vehicle reg for 1 year on a 13 yr old truck. Insurance, $1200. per year, I haven't had an accident in 15 years. Drought. $150. water bill to water my horses and dogs. Electric $500. and I'm frugal. Bought my little farm here 20 years ago. Could ride for hours. No where left to ride my horses! City-slicker subdivisions surround us now. Hay is $16./bale.
Hill Country here I come! I'm looking from Fredricksburg to Canyon Lake to Dripping Springs, anywhere in that general area where I can have peace, trees, a couple horses, a few dogs and a few chickens, drink sweet tea or a frosty with friends, go swimmin or fishin or ridin. I have friends in Kileen, Canyon Lake, Austin, Allen, Plano...
Maybe you can answer this...I've been looking for a very long time for a cute house on a couple acres where I can have some critters. I find nothing. What's the secret?

My heart has been in TX for a long time. Waited for hubby to retire from military. I'm SO over Ca! Crime, drugs, criminals, traffic, taxes, gas is $5. per gallon, Sales tax is 9%, just today, $60. for smog plus $161. for vehicle reg for 1 year on a 13 yr old truck. Insurance, $1200. per year, I haven't had an accident in 15 years. Drought. $150. water bill to water my horses and dogs. Electric $500. and I'm frugal. Bought my little farm here 20 years ago. Could ride for hours. No where left to ride my horses! City-slicker subdivisions surround us now. Hay is $16./bale.
Hill Country here I come! I'm looking from Fredricksburg to Canyon Lake to Dripping Springs, anywhere in that general area where I can have peace, trees, a couple horses, a few dogs and a few chickens, drink sweet tea or a frosty with friends, go swimmin or fishin or ridin. I have friends in Kileen, Canyon Lake, Austin, Allen, Plano...
Maybe you can answer this...I've been looking for a very long time for a cute house on a couple acres where I can have some critters. I find nothing. What's the secret?

You and me both, sister. Except we would probably head north to Idaho. CA eats its young.

You and me both, sister. Except we would probably head north to Idaho. CA eats its young.
YES IT DOES @magdelaine ! Well put! Love farm country Idaho, but too chilly for this old girl. I've been looking hard, as we're outta here in 2 yrs. Researching best places to retire, Boise ID is on the list! Researching worst places, Ca is #2, only behind New York. I gotta go.

Too funny! Ungrateful bird-brains I say! I used a BIG (30 inch) planter saucer from Home Depot, it worked really well. Put the frozen bottle in it, my girls liked it a lot.
Ungrateful is right! I don't seem to have anything around here that seems right. I can think of 3 or 4 things I threw out a few weeks ago when hubby said I was a hoarder. Lol Definitely looks like your girls liked your solution.

My heart has been in TX for a long time. Waited for hubby to retire from military. I'm SO over Ca! Crime, drugs, criminals, traffic, taxes, gas is $5. per gallon, Sales tax is 9%, just today, $60. for smog plus $161. for vehicle reg for 1 year on a 13 yr old truck. Insurance, $1200. per year, I haven't had an accident in 15 years. Drought. $150. water bill to water my horses and dogs. Electric $500. and I'm frugal. Bought my little farm here 20 years ago. Could ride for hours. No where left to ride my horses! City-slicker subdivisions surround us now. Hay is  $16./bale.
Dripping Springs and the Austin area are trendy. Yuck! Try in the counties outside of there: Llano, Burnet are west and Bastrop, Fayette are east. If you want close to Austin you pay a steep price for property. We are about an hour and a half away and picked up 2 acres with a house and shop for under $200k. Keep looking!!! You'll find it!!!

Dripping Springs and the Austin area are trendy. Yuck! Try in the counties outside of there: Llano, Burnet are west and Bastrop, Fayette are east. If you want close to Austin you pay a steep price for property. We are about an hour and a half away and picked up 2 acres with a house and shop for under $200k. Keep looking!!! You'll find it!!!
Good stuff! Don't want to go east of 35, not too close to town either. Looked up Kingsland, sounds promising. Road trip coming soon. Do folks ride horses there? Thanks for your info!

Back
Top Bottom