Battling Extreme Desert Heat

Youtube video on this..........
Put red bricks in a low large brick mortor mixing tray from home depot. Fill half way up bricks with water. Bricks evaporate water and make bricks cool. Chicken stand on bricks and are taotally cool and happy.

Last edited:
Put red bricks in a low large brick mortor mixing tray from home depot. Fill half way up bricks with water. Bricks evaporate water and make bricks cool. Chicken stand on bricks and are taotally cool and happy.

What a fantastic idea! Thank you for the link. I have a cement mixing bucket already that I let the dogs wade in!

Hey there

I didn't read the full 14 pages but.. don't try meat bird right away! hahah
I just live in Quebec and during the big summer heats I always lose a few. Better learn the tips and tricks before going with fragile meat birds :) It's not even that warm here..

Love that idea!

I've got a large SS pan outside that the condensate drain from the AC drips into. The water in there is always much much cooler than the outside air and it never runs out or turns nasty. I'm thinking of getting a larger and shallower pan and putting some bricks into it like in the video. Full time cool water/bricks and a nice little flow of water to keep everything clean.

RichnSteph

Hey there

I didn't read the full 14 pages but.. don't try meat bird right away! hahah
I just live in Quebec and during the big summer heats I always lose a few. Better learn the tips and tricks before going with fragile meat birds :) It's not even that warm here..

hey look up Fermented feeds for your next meat bird batch.... they eat less stink less and are more active more like normal chickens. and they put on the same amount of weight. and are healthier overall... No broken or splayed legs ....

Oh and for what its worth you can ferment any and all Chicken feed... all it takes is a buket and water and about 24 hours to get started....

deb

Last edited:

Id lay the bricks flat and line the whole thing.... More surface area for evaporation.... Use red brick or terracotta tiles... very porous. Or even plain old cement pavers.... even better

Great ideas!

Love that idea!

I've got a large SS pan outside that the condensate drain from the AC drips into. The water in there is always much much cooler than the outside air and it never runs out or turns nasty. I'm thinking of getting a larger and shallower pan and putting some bricks into it like in the video. Full time cool water/bricks and a nice little flow of water to keep everything clean.

RichnSteph

Back
Top Bottom