Bay Area BYCers!

Hi I have an 11 week old (as of the first week of June) French Black Copper Marans sweet gentleman looking for a new home. This rooster has great bloodlines from Alchemist Farm, https://www.alchemistfarm.com/black-copper-marans/, guaranteed to be from an egg 6 or darker. Located in East Bay, California.

Attachments

• IMG_9399.jpeg
    IMG_9399.jpeg
    745.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9423.jpeg
    IMG_9423.jpeg
    973.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9425.jpeg
    IMG_9425.jpeg
    938.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9442.png
    IMG_9442.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
It's a super long-shot, I know but, is there anyone in the area that also has a Marek's-positive flock and is either breeding for resistance, or just wants a pretty cockerel without risking exposing any new chicks to Marek's?

I have a lovely Lavender Ameraucana x Brahma ("sage egger") 4 mo cockerel from the Peninsula Feed Store but I can't legally keep him. He was vaccinated at 4 days (not within the recommended 36h post-hatch), and has been asymptomatic thus far, but must be considered a Marek's carrier (we lost one hen last month to Marek's - she's the only one to show any symptoms thus far).

- In Oakland and willing to drive 1h or so to meet up.

Attachments

• IMG_2764 2.jpeg
    IMG_2764 2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
It's a super long-shot, I know but, is there anyone in the area that also has a Marek's-positive flock and is either breeding for resistance, or just wants a pretty cockerel without risking exposing any new chicks to Marek's?

I have a lovely Lavender Ameraucana x Brahma ("sage egger") 4 mo cockerel from the Peninsula Feed Store but I can't legally keep him. He was vaccinated at 4 days (not within the recommended 36h post-hatch), and has been asymptomatic thus far, but must be considered a Marek's carrier (we lost one hen last month to Marek's - she's the only one to show any symptoms thus far).
Where do you live? I'm in Gilroy.

Back
Top Bottom