Bay Area BYCers!

Lual, when might we be seeing some photos of your Jubilee?

Dearest Carolyn, I don't know how to thank you for your more than gracious gift of unbelievably gorgeous birds. It is a dream come true for me! Painting them will be such a joy, as well as challenge to capture the light, and colour plays on their feathers. I wanted to have a photo of holding both boys, but, could not manage to have both on my lap; they are huge..and ohh sooo sweet...and they learned quickly that; I always have treats with me : )

Last edited:
Dearest Carolyn, I don't know how to thank you for your more than gracious gift of unbelievably gorgeous birds. It is a dream come true for me! Painting them will be such a joy, as well as challenge to capture the light, and colour plays on their feathers. I wanted to have a photo of holding both boys, but, could not manage to have both on my lap; they are huge..and ohh sooo sweet...and learned quickly that; I always have treats with me : )

awwww They're gorgeous!

I would like to introduce my Jubilee Orpingtons: Lancaster, Seymour, Eleanor, and Isabella.
Their parents were acquired from Green Fire Farm, by their breeder, Carolyn Towon (Chicken Tows). Lancaster& Seymour are 5 1/2, and 6 mos. old; Isabella & Eleanor are 4 1/2, and 5 mos. old. I am filled with joy to have them in my life.

I would like to introduce my Jubilee Orpingtons: Lancaster, Seymour, Eleanor, and Isabella.
Their parents were acquired from Green Fire Farm, by their breeder, Carolyn Towon (Chicken Tows). Lancaster& Seymour are 5 1/2, and 6 mos. old; Isabella & Eleanor are 4 1/2, and 5 mos. old. I am filled with joy to have them in my life.

they're magnificent!!

very nice color !!!

Hi Everyone! I'm new to raising backyard chickens and to incubating chicken eggs, but have found them/it very addicting...but the shipped eggs just don't hatch as they should. I am in the Sacramento area. Does anyone close to here have Barnevelders or Blue Laced Red Wyandottes? I would Love Love Love to hatch some baby chicks from local eggs!

Hi Everyone! I'm new to raising backyard chickens and to incubating chicken eggs, but have found them/it very addicting...but the shipped eggs just don't hatch as they should. I am in the Sacramento area. Does anyone close to here have Barnevelders or Blue Laced Red Wyandottes? I would Love Love Love to hatch some baby chicks from local eggs!

Welcome! It is addicting. Not to pull you away from this thread, but you might also want to ask on the California - Northern thread. Someone was just talking about Barnevelders today and I know others have BLRW. Lots of folks up in gold country.

Gorgeous!!!

My black Australorp head hen names Precious is broody!!! She started pancaking earlier this week and has only come off the nest once or twice a day. She was broody off and on through the whole summer and fall the year before last. I'm convinced that having my grow out chicks within earshot of her gives her ideas of motherhood! She has never sat on real eggs but has tried her best to hatch a wooden egg! One time we gave her 3 day old chicks to raise after she had sat over 30 days on that wooden egg. She was a fantastic mommy and completely integrated her babies into the flock. Today, I slipped 4 fertile eggs from the farm into her nest while she was on break. She is happily sitting like a black pancake on top of them. 2 are Langshan eggs and 2 are Langshan over Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock eggs. That's going to be an interesting mix. I wanted all Langshan eggs but my friend missed my email and they ate them all for breakfast! I just hope they are all fertile or I'm going to have a very disappointed hen!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom