Bay Area BYCers!

91 in Antioch today! The girls have bee laying well and deserve a cool treat.
its barely 80 here. Gotta love microclimates.

So I haven't posted here in a while. I am getting rid of most of my birds this weekend. Any that do not get adopted out will be going to the Modesto Auction come Monday. All my females are spoken for so no females available. I have lots of male silkies ranging in price from $15-25. If your interested in any of these birds let me know. As I stated any not rehomed by Sunday will go to auction.I have around 10-12 silkies and 5-6 Ameraucanas. I also have a bunch of Lavender and Black split Ameraucana cockerels too. I have no pics of them though. I am located in the Morgan Hill/Gilroy area (just south of San Jose). PM me if you are interested at all in any of these birds. Must pick up by no later than Sunday at 6pm.

Ahh and more broodiness - I have sister wives. Big studly Silver Duckwing is the daddy. Weighs a few onces, but the big roosters do not mess with him. LOL

And here are what those babies grow up to look like...any takers?

Quote:
Hi Lual, I finally got some new pics of the Serama girls. Without anything for scale it's hard to see how small they are. Right around the size of a pigeon.

This one may not have the best conformation, but she is so sweet and actually likes to be picked up and pet. A favorite!

Hope you are enjoying the last weeks of summer. Have to say I am really looking forward to some rain and hope we get a good amount this year. The trees are stressed. We've heard a couple of big oaks crash down on the hill behind us, and acorns are falling before they can mature. We are going to have some hungry deer this winter!

Happy chickens!
Lynda

Hi Lual, I finally got some new pics of the Serama girls. Without anything for scale it's hard to see how small they are. Right around the size of a pigeon. This one may not have the best conformation, but she is so sweet and actually likes to be picked up and pet. A favorite! Hope you are enjoying the last weeks of summer. Have to say I am really looking forward to some rain and hope we get a good amount this year. The trees are stressed. We've heard a couple of big oaks crash down on the hill behind us, and acorns are falling before they can mature. We are going to have some hungry deer this winter! Happy chickens! Lynda
Awww! they are beyond cute, and so pretty, Lynda! I love those huge eyes. Yes, it is possible to see how tiny they are in the photo where your son is holding one of the girls. You must be having the time of your life with them : } Ohh, yes! I am looking forward to cooler days as well. Everybody is walking around panting with wings lifted. Dogs are fine because they have air conditioner. Turned on the sprinklers, helps a bit, but, still too hot. It is scary when the trees start to break, and am happy nothing happened to your home. Thank you for the photos, they are simply adorable.. Lual

Back
Top Bottom