Bay Area BYCers!

Hi all!

Actually I was directed here from a post I made on "Meat Birds ETC" part of the forum. So here's the story, I live in East Bay and have a flock of roughly 20 chickens, geese, and ducks. Unfortunately, my family and I have to leave for an extended period of time over the summer, and we were hoping to find some way to kill and process our birds before we leave. The problem is, I am personally very inexperienced with this; I did a few chickens and ducks a while back by following online instructions, but I didn't really know what I was doing and it just ended up being very time consuming and inefficient.

I was wondering if there is some sort of "processing" service in the vicinity, or even just someone more experienced whom I could hire to do this job for me? Other wise, any ideas on how I could find someone?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi all!

Actually I was directed here from a post I made on "Meat Birds ETC" part of the forum. So here's the story, I live in East Bay and have a flock of roughly 20 chickens, geese, and ducks. Unfortunately, my family and I have to leave for an extended period of time over the summer, and we were hoping to find some way to kill and process our birds before we leave. The problem is, I am personally very inexperienced with this; I did a few chickens and ducks a while back by following online instructions, but I didn't really know what I was doing and it just ended up being very time consuming and inefficient.

I was wondering if there is some sort of "processing" service in the vicinity, or even just someone more experienced whom I could hire to do this job for me? Other wise, any ideas on how I could find someone?

Thanks in advance!

Pelephant, do you want to process all 20 birds?

We live in Oakland and have processed several of our own chickens and ducks.

Feel free to send me a PM and maybe we can help you figure your situation out!

Hi all!

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunatly, I was never able to find anyone local to process my chickens, so we ended up doing it ourselves. There is someone in Sacramento that is like 5/per bird, that was the closest i have found to the bay area.

Hey Bay Area peeps....I am reducing my chicken herd from 4 breeds down to 2 due to a career move. Regretfully I will be selling of a bunch of adult, juvenile, and chicks today. I will be listing this on our website Die Fly Ranch and also on the for sale forums here. I would love for them to stay local to avoid shipping stress so please let me know if you are looking at anything in particular.

Hey Bay Area peeps....I am reducing my chicken herd from 4 breeds down to 2 due to a career move. Regretfully I will be selling of a bunch of adult, juvenile, and chicks today. I will be listing this on our website Die Fly Ranch and also on the for sale forums here. I would love for them to stay local to avoid shipping stress so please let me know if you are looking at anything in particular.
Ohhh which ones??

Adorable chicks and beautiful photos! Congrats.
smile.png
Thank you! Babies are such a delight to have..

Back
Top Bottom