Bay Area BYCers!

Heck, chickens ARE cheep (sic) psychotherapy, at whatever the cost! My job can be pretty stressful, and I often find myself with teeth still clenched as I drive up the driveway at night, but I find that being able to sit and interact with my chooks in the evening, watching them interacting with each other, watching the bukka bukka boys and the tiny seabright boys try to take on my huge buff brahma hen
roll.png
, having my hair groomed by my calico cochin pullets, all of this clears my head, puts a smile on my face, and lets me get up the next day, head off to BART, and start all over again. Well worth the investment we have all made in our birds, whatever that may be.

Quote:
True, so it was only $200 per bird then, which isn't too far off from $154...

That is for a pair though.

Either way, what does it boil down to?

We're just a bunch of chicken lovin' crazies!
wee.gif

LOL.
tongue.png

I would be willing to buy if someone could raise them...I want some of the chicks and you could keep some to sell, breed, etc. I just can't have Roos at the moment but have my eyes on the lookout for a place I can have Roos...hopefully in the next couple of years.

I justify the spending on chickens because I work hard and do not spend money on nice clothes, cars, or even dinners out...this is a cheap hobby compared to the shoe addiction I had about 10 years ago...dotcom days...

Last edited:
lol love that philosophy, I bought them 2 days after my house was flooded...my brain wasn't screwed on right, but I really do love them and am starting to hatch chickens form the flock this week.

Really have been taking a hard look at my level of chicken involvement lately. Also probably going to be selling chicks even for these fancy breeds of mine at more reasonable pricing so that everyone can enjoy them.

Pondering a lot lately...

Which is why I just completed an order of 25 large fowl pullets for $49.95, free shipping, from MPC. It's their current sale.

Am I nuts or what? (Actually, I'm trying to even out the disparity between number of roosters/cockerels to pullets/hens in my flock.)

Plus, it's a nice housewarming gift for myself.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom