Bay area, Fort bragg, Willits, Ukiah, Sacramento, Tracy, CA or Reno

I'm setting here waiting for eggs to hatch, but not even a pip.

I'll take extra BCMs if someone has some. I'll have more later when mine start laying again. I can always hatch some out for someone later if you want to trade.

Quote:
No movement on my 5 BCM eggs today, either! What is up with that? ARGH!!!
barnie.gif

Anna--one of the Wellies laid her first egg today! About 1/2 the normal egg size...too funny! DH says, "What in heck is that? Sparrow egg??" Naughty man...

Woo! Thanks for letting me know. I'm looking forward to my new Wellies -- although I have to say that everytime I see that, I think of rubber boots...

Quote:
Wellies? How many you got?? We had to put our welsummer girl down about a month ago (fowlpox took out her eye, then it got infected 4 times and we kept treating her but it finally became so bad she was suffering so we did the humane thing). She was just the sweetest thing & I love the temperaments of wellies. If you have a pullet or a chick available, shoot me a PM and we'll talk.
smile.png

I gotta get over to the bay area soon anyway to get a bird from Jeremy. He has a black minorca hen he's hanging onto for me, and for the last couple of weeks, the only time I get days off, it's a heavy holiday traffic day and/or it's stormy & our little car doesn't do well on 80 when it's stormy like that.

REvise REvise! I have one chick and another coming out!!
wee.gif

Will Mama show them where to eat and drink? I bought the chick feeder and waterer!

I'm so excited!! PIctures later after Marek's...

65263_babies_no2_bcm.jpg

I got babies! And now I have four, with the fifth pipping under mama!
wee.gif

Anna, here is the comparison photo:
4 BCM eggs that just hatched, Wellie first (itty bitty) egg, and one of my Brahma's just for comparison.
65263_1st_wellie_egg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom