Baytril dose?

One of my bantam roosters needs to take Baytril 10% solution. He is only 18.2 ounces. (think that is 1.13lbs?) How much would he need per day?
Converted to kilograms that's 0.516 kg. Are you doing orally or by injection? The one in bold seems to be what is prescribed most.

• 10 mg/kg twice a day = 0.05 ml twice a day
  • 15 mg/kg twice a day = 0.077 ml twice a day
  • 15 mg/kg once a day = 0.077 ml once a day
  • 20 mg/kg once a day = 0.1 ml once a day

-Kathy

Orally, mixed in some sugar water.

Going to have to see if any of my syringes go that low. One of the draw backs to having such tiny poultry.

Last edited:
Orally, mixed in some sugar water.

Going to have to see if any of my syringes go that low. One of the draw backs to having such tiny poultry.
You must get a one ml or smaller syringe! If you do mix it in water, use distilled water because Baytril will bind with the calcium in tap water and make it less effective.

-Kathy

Used boiled water to make the simple syrup. (have Well water) But I can remake it with distilled water. Thank you for that tip.

Dug through my syringes, found the ones I have for the cats. They are really small and have the correct measurements on them.

Last edited:
Used boiled water to make the simple syrup. (have Well water) But I can remake it with distilled water. Thank you for that tip.

Dug through my syringes, found the ones I have for the cats. They are really small and have the correct measurements on them.
I would give it undiluted.

-Kathy

Heard it could be hard on their crop undiluted? Would be a lot easier to give without adding a tiny amount of sugar water with it.

Converted to kilograms that's 0.516 kg. Are you doing orally or by injection? The one in bold seems to be what is prescribed most.

• 10 mg/kg twice a day = 0.05 ml twice a day
  • 15 mg/kg twice a day = 0.077 ml twice a day
  • 15 mg/kg once a day = 0.077 ml once a day
  • 20 mg/kg once a day = 0.1 ml once a day

-Kathy

Nevermind. I am just lost in math land...dazed and confused.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom