BB Red OEGB chicks -- male or female?

Up to my understanding you have only one pullet and three roos the first and the last two are roos.

Yeah, all together it looks like 2 pullets and 4 roos. That was my initial guess, but like I said I am/was hoping maybe I am wrong! Guess time will tell and I will know in a few weeks. :)

I would prefer not to rehome any, but I would also think that little bb red bantam roos would be possible to rehome if needed later on, they are so very beautiful and they don't need a huge harem of hens.

Last edited:
Yes i hope they are pullets too so you can keep them and not rehome them if they are roos

I know this is an old post but this might help for future references... Girls will have black "eyeliner" and solid striping on their heads and backs whereas boys will have brown-to-no "eyeliner" and lighter striping. Boys may also have broken striping on top of their heads. The picture I posted here is the one I always use for reference and is a sure-fire way to sex day old wild-type colored birds (like bb reds, silver/gold duckwings, and browns).

Hope this helped!

Your one with the dark stripe is female. males do not have the perfect black outline the females do. Solid black lines in chipmunk pattern with broken black lines on males.

Back
Top Bottom