Hlazysfarms

In the Brooder
Dec 28, 2021
Hello! I recently bought a mixed flock of birds and one started laying this beautiful tan egg color, placed next to a white for reference! It’s not a typical brown or green egg, just wondered if anyone knew what crosses or breeds would lay this color? It’s my favorite!
Thanks for any info, greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 7417D0FC-1670-4D06-A302-7FF2F76C8C99.jpeg
    7417D0FC-1670-4D06-A302-7FF2F76C8C99.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 10
What do you mean by mixed flock?

Mixed with different breeds or with mixed breed birds?
Do you know what breeds you have in your flock?

Hello! I recently bought a mixed flock of birds and one started laying this beautiful tan egg color, placed next to a white for reference! It’s not a typical brown or green egg, just wondered if anyone knew what crosses or breeds would lay this color? It’s my favorite!
Thanks for any info, greatly appreciated!
OEs. Your egg is just an olive egg with a slighter heavier bloom. If you want to "recreate" the egg, just breed more OEs.

Looks like a 2nd or 3rd generation easter egger or olive egger.
What do you have in your flock?
Okay! Thanks! My roosters are just mutts but I have a variety of hens marans, partridge rock, australop, and then some greys and whites that are a cross of something I’m not sure what

What do you mean by mixed flock?

Mixed with different breeds or with mixed breed birds?
Do you know what breeds you have in your flock?
I have some pure partridge rocks. But everything else is a mix of multiple breeds of any of these: black copper maran, amaracauna, australorp, speckled Sussex. Is what I was told when by the previous owner.

Back
Top Bottom