Becoming an egg addict

That is the kicker isn't it, dealing with the the hubby!
smile.png

Haven't got into the duck thing yet, although a member on here had a BEAUTIFUL pair that made me want them. Common shell ducks, I think is what they were. Just plain beautiful.

I am in love with the mandarins, we have little call ducks, and I understand they do well in the same habitat. I have to say, you can't help but laugh at the ducks, they love to play and be silly, whereas my chickens are soo serious. I love the difference in their personalities.

Chickens look so bedraggled in the rain. Now, ducks.... they are JOYOUS! Exactly why I have a Cayuga pair, and now have 4 call ducklings in addition to all my chickens. The latter are going to be let out of their integration/segregation pen this coming weekend. I can hardly wait!

Last edited:
Quote:
Aren't they fun! I love when ours saw their first snow, they actually created a slip and slide from the pond and spend hours going into the pond then sliding down into the snow. I love their happy little voices.

I love my chicken for entirely different reasons, they remind me of a royal family, we are to good for rain! Hmpphh! LOL! And they have their own personalities, we have a little cochin (I mean little) who thinks she is one of the dogs. She is such a confused baby, but that is what happens when she is the only chick with 2 kids in the house!

Back
Top Bottom