Beginning coop construction...

MMM... tastes like chicken!!! :lau hahaha, sorry, I couldn't resist!!

Just BEWARE, if you use Blu Kote, they will most likely go after his toe! And if you get it on your skin, it stains bright purple, and it is tough to get off . Ask me how I know this.... :rolleyes:

Super glue would work.... I've never used it, but if it's not still bleeding and the others will leave it alone, I'm not sure I'd worry too much. Especially if you keep a close eye on it. The Blu Kote is an anti-fungal that I use on my horses and I read somewhere that it can be used on chickens too.

Good luck, keep me posted. :hugs

Framed three of the walls today. Also added hardware cloth to the framed window spaces. The hardware cloth will be sandwiched between the framing and the plywood siding eventually.

This will be the front wall with the pop door and two windows.

This is the rear wall. Two more windows and a large clean out door.

One of the side walls. This one will have two windows and also has the space to attach the external nesting boxes...

Another update with pictures.

Three walls mounted here...

Last wall going up...

Starting the roof framing. I have to admit, I had way more fun doing the math for this than I should have. I love geometry and numbers, but especially geometry. I'm like a giddy school girl over this stuff haha.

And of course, the coop was turned into a "toddler jail". Just add toddler.

The husbands presence was necessary too...

Hoping we can get some more done tomorrow but both the husband and I feel a little like we might be coming down with something.
1f625.png

Yes it is. My wife and I have worked together on many projects on our property. We love it! We are currently building a coop as well.

Yeah, I ran across your coop thread earlier. The hubbs and I keep joking that once this project is over, we will have to find another one or else we'll be miserable with nothing to do haha.

Yeah, I ran across your coop thread earlier. The hubbs and I keep joking that once this project is over, we will have to find another one or else we'll be miserable with nothing to do haha.

Cheryl and I have worked on many, many projects together. We've been together for 31 years and on this property for 23. The marriage that projects together stays together.
wee.gif

We love to hang out with each other and we're workaholics.

Cheryl and I have worked on many, many projects together. We've been together for 31 years and on this property for 23. The marriage that projects together stays together. :weee

We love to hang out with each other and we're workaholics.

That's amazing! We are going on ten years marriage. We just bought our property last May and it needs a LOT, and I mean a LOT of work. We will get there though.

Back
Top Bottom