Belgian Malines Have Arrived!!!

I dropped in on this thread because I thought it was about Belgian Malinois (dogs) but, I was surprised and pleased to learn about this chicken breed. They are gorgeous and really have big, solid butts . Do they have to be meat birds or can they go on to live a normal life as breeders?

They can live a very normal life. Although they are a large bird, they don't have the same troubles as some large fowl in regards to natural breeding ability.

I was just talking to my source, Bart & he's offering me 18 more eggs. Yay! These are just for testing fertility though, from 2 young roos & he didn't need any of the chicks that might hatch. I am also picking up some 3 week old chicks as well.

Thanks theoldchick!

I should get pics from above so you all can see how broad their behinds are, lol! They're adorable!

Good luck with the new batch of eggs!! hope you get a great hatch rate! and can't wait to see the growth stages of this amazing breed!!

6 days old.

These top 2 pics are the same bird. The cockerel. Lots o' junk in his trunk, lol!

One on the right squints like I do when I get my photo taken.

Nah, maybe she's practicing her stink eye! Lol! Clearly, she's not amused.

Back
Top Bottom