Belgian Watermaal Bantams - a cousin fo d'Anvers/d'Uccles!(pic heavy)

Does anyone know what I would get if I crossed a F1 Watermaal showing porcelain (millefleur pyncheon/self blue d"anver) to a black watermaal or a black D'anver.
Thanks,
Ethan

Does anyone know what I would get if I crossed a F1 Watermaal showing porcelain (millefleur pyncheon/self blue d"anver) to a black watermaal or a black D'anver.
Thanks,
Ethan
If your F1 is out of the Pyncheon and a self blue d'Anver, it is probably black split to lav and mottled (this is a guess based on what I have seen). If this bird is crossed with a black you would get black chicks some of them split to mottled or lav or both, and you can't tell which ones. When dealing with recessive genes (mottle and lavender) it is best to cross the F1's first, this will double up the recessive genes, giving you F2's that are lavender and mottled. The F2's can then be crossed with the blacks to work towards type. This is the way it should work, but Pyncheons have been cross with other breeds and it is hard to know what you have until you start hatching chicks. The ones I used were birchen based and carried silver so my F1's were totally different than what I expected. So I had to change my breeding plans after I seen the F1's.

Back
Top Bottom