Beltsville Small White Turkey

Here is a photo of my Beltsville Eggs. There slated to go into lockdown on the 17th with an expected hatch on May 19, 20, 21

Also here is a picture of Levi. He was hatched from our Red Bourbon Hen, who is now sitting on 16 eggs.

Is that a coolerbator.I was thinking about making one I felt like I had a hard time controlling the humidity on the one I had. Can't wait to see how many you hatch, if you hatch more than you want to keep let me know.

Is that a coolerbator.I was thinking about making one I felt like I had a hard time controlling the humidity on the one I had. Can't wait to see how many you hatch, if you hatch more than you want to keep let me know.
Yea thats my coolerbator. Now that I can post pictures, I might do an article on the build. It definately does keep the humidity more stable, and also the temp average is about 99.5 degrees.
If I get a high hatch rate I might get in touch with you. as you live close to me and we could work out a sharing type deal so that we could keep the linage going, and to possibly pass it on to others by selling/donating eggs to other possible breeders.
I can't make any promises but if I need to reduce my hatch, I will get hold of you.
But you know what they say. Don't count your poults before they hatch.

There starting to hatch 3 days early.
We had to get our turners out in a hurry.
Saw 2 pips, and panic set in.
Put them in egg cartons and set for lockdown.
Now the wait.
I sure hope those that piped hatch.
Dennis

There starting to hatch 3 days early.
We had to get our turners out in a hurry.
Saw 2 pips, and panic set in.
Put them in egg cartons and set for lockdown.
Now the wait.
I sure hope those that piped hatch.
Dennis

Hopefully that is a good sign we had one pip I think a day before we pulled the Turner out but didn't see it as it pipped the end in the Turner and I think it caused it to drown.

I am at work now, but my wife called to tell me that 3 more are pipping. Some of these eggs Leah was going to throw away, as she thought they were too old. Glad I kept them all.

This hatch is going extremely well. I will post pictures after it's over.
Looks like lots of beltsville's on the way.
:D
:yesss::jumpy;)

Last edited:

Here are a few pics of my lone Beltsville that hatched from my first hatch, have a second hatch expected to hatch tomm 3 out of 12 made it to lock down we will see how it turns out.

Here are a few pics of my lone Beltsville that hatched from my first hatch, have a second hatch expected to hatch tomm 3 out of 12 made it to lock down we will see how it turns out.

Also meant to mention any guesses on sex yet. It is 4 wks and I think it is a hen due to it appears to be getting a little Mohawk on the back of its head.

So on the thought that it is a Jenny, I have read that the Beltsville, possibly other turkeys, are pathogenic(sp?) has anyone found this to be true or even tried. I am not really expecting it but I thought I would get opinions, although Dennis it looks like it is just you and me that post on here for the most part but you seem to be more educated than it.

Back
Top Bottom