Bessemer Thread Revisited - No Flaming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there is something I must profess I'm a little worried/potentially angry about: Feathersite. Mr. Koffler will get my info = possibly look for alternate information on the breed = He'll find this thread, and it's majorly negative overtone = He'll deny the breed = nobody else will have alternate info on the breed = they'll come here and say 'this breed doesn't exist'. What a vicious circle.

Last edited:
Quote:
So how does one go about getting them traced?

Our standards down here in the States are pretty strict, as far as SOP. That's what most of us are basing our comments on-the way a bird is accepted HERE. As far as Canada, I have no idea so that's why I suggested the IWBA.
Just trying to get a variety recognized by the APA/ABA down here is a very difficult and time consuming process. You have to have so many breeders and so many birds involved that actually meet the standard-very difficult to do, but it IS doable with a lot of work.
Contact the IWBA and they can direct you on how to proceed with tracing the birds history. Start with the person you got them from and go backward from there.

Thanks.

No one is being "negative" or "attacking" in this thread that I can see. If you claim to have a new breed the burden of proof falls upon you to prove it. All anyone is doing is asking for that proof.

Does anyone in your area call it the "Bessemer" duck? If not, what do they call it?

Quote:
Well, considering that I gave the breed that name, and that it's new to my area (it originated probably in the radius of 3 hours away) and haven't had any opportunity to promote it as of yet, neither. Local farmers don't generally call it anything, because, I haven't gotten a chance to notify most of them of it's existence. It's not native, I haven't shown the birds, and haven't talked to many people about them.

So is everyone satisfied with the, as grawg so appropriately put it, proof, or are there any other inquiries as to the authenticity of these birds (or does anybody else want to accuse me of trying to grift people
wink.png
gig.gif
) ?

Since I keep getting the same questions/statements over-and-over, I've edited the very first post, so nobody should be asking those questions anymore (if they read the whole thing, that is)

Ah, Ok. I didnt read thru, just looked at the pictures
roll.png
So do you need me to go back and read the whole thing so I can come back and comment again.
Can you update me on what you edited so im kept straight please. Thanks

Ok...I googled bessemere ducks in Canada and found Nada!!! Just like you said.
So...If you have bessemere ducks then how do you know you have Bessemere ducks if there is nothing out there about the ducks.
Where did the first 2 Bessemere ducks come from, or is that a blonde question on my part.
Do I still need to go read the whole thread
cool.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom