Bessemer Thread Revisited - No Flaming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Well, I mentioned that they are not BOs, because you were certainly not the first to say they look like BOs, and I mentioned they are Canada retained, and mentioned that there was no alternate info on the breed.

Quote:
The eary history is blurred in Idiocy and Oblivion and other strange words, and I can only conclude that it is either a very large BO strain (an 'un-orpingtoned' BO), or originated as a Show Rouen/BO sexlink....

As for how you can tell.... Bessies are most obviosly larger than BOs, and that is the main difference, and you will probably find them limited to Ontario. For the experienced Duckist, the Bessy seems to be primarily English Buff (a shade or too darker than American Buff).

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL
There are standards for breeds, this does not mean that a breed can have heavier or lighter ducks. Many ducks pack on weight before winter, and loose it in spring. Overfeeding can also be an issue. Any fanny packs between the legs?
tumblr_lluphhKuvF1qi3fol.png

The Duck ABC's :

Quote:
LOL
There are standards for breeds, this does not mean that a breed can have heavier or lighter ducks. Many ducks pack on weight before winter, and loose it in spring. Overfeeding can also be an issue. Any fanny packs between the legs?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lluphhKuvF1qi3fol.png

lau.gif

Okay,
lau.gif
, If any of you ever get a hold of any of these, you know why that isn't an option!
lau.gif

They deffinetly dont look like BO's to me. To big! Im sure one day that your duck breed will become famous l, and so will you. Im goving you a
thumbsup.gif
for helping this forgoten breed as much as you can.
hugs.gif

Why cant you bring them over the border? Im confused!

Quote:
Customs. $150. And six months of lab testing etc. To much red tape to bother with. It's easier to get struck by lightning!
gig.gif

And for those of you who follow the slighlty-overweight-orpi theory: Bessies are twice a heavy, and side-by-side, they are at least 2 1/2 times bigger than the orpis...
This isn't a weight problem. Admit it. It's a breed problem. Er, well, forget the 'problem' part....
lau.gif

$150?
ep.gif

Yikes, that is alot, but if everyone on BYC pitched in $2, we'd be there in no time... before you knew it
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
we'd have BABY DUCKIES!!!!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom