Best Automatic chicken door made.. Chicken Guard

the43k

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 21, 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
Hoping I've lost my last bird.. This is simply the best motor/controller I've seen.

0.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I did not know you made the video. my fault it was stereotyping on my part. I really don't like when looking on YouTube and they show a video without saying any thing just a waste a time watching it when you actually want to learn something. So my apologies to you.

The video simply shows the door working. If you would search "car antenna" in this Backyard Chickens forum you can find detailed instructions

Hi, I am intested in getting a chicken guard, I just have a few questions.

I assume this is just the motor, and you have to buy the door separately, if that is the case, what type of do do you recommend? and what else do I need to buy?
Did you buy directly from the manufacturer or a USA distributor?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mary

I bought the chicken guard I really love it. It does NOT come with the door. Some other mfg's make them with doors. Here is a video of mine and what I did to make it work for me. http://s253.photobucket.com/user/kardar2/media/chicken coop/20150529_161658.mp4.html

I recently bought the Automatic Chicken Door Advanced from Fleming Outdoors. It is very similar to the Chicken Guard except it only has timer mode or my advanced has an option to close or open at sunset & sunrise plus on minus how many minutes you choose, based on your Lat/Long, so that it automatically adjusts year round & you don't have to change the times. The unit was $200 shipped. They do sell it with a door, but of course that is more. I already had a plexiglass vertical door. They also have a basic model that only has timer mode for $20 cheaper. The cookie sheet door is a great idea! Mine is made in Lancaster, PA & has been awesome so far for 4 weeks.

Watching your video. It's very hard to watch that fox get in. Ugh. Recently lost 2 of my free rangers to a suspected fox. Ugh. Sorry you're dealing wit his as well.

Watching your video. It's very hard to watch that fox get in. Ugh. Recently lost 2 of my free rangers to a suspected fox. Ugh. Sorry you're dealing wit his as well.
yeah, we've lost one here, one there with the door issue, but as you saw, we locked the entire flock out. That is why I finally had enough and switched to this door opener. My kids has a few favorites in our old flock.

Back
Top Bottom