Best Automatic Coop Door?

I ordered a RobotShop Automatic Chicken Coop Door MotorProduct Code : RB-Adm-07 by Add-a-Motor. The instructions on how to install it were very good. I made a door from a piece of good both sides plywood and attached it using regular draw pulls so that it was fairly inexpensive to install. It works great. However I am having trouble with getting a timer to work right with it. I got a light sensor one but then worried too much about it due to lack of light. Then I tried a digital Titan Apollo 9 and couldn't get that to work, and now I'm trying the Apollo 8. Anyone else had this problem? Can you recommend a timer to use with this and how to set it up properly?
IMG_2038.JPG

I am also looking to get an auto timer door opener. Hard to pick from.
Is there a list somewhere with all the manufacturers to pick from ?
I will make my own door and runners but need one that will lift a door that is made of solid wood, not a light weight sheet metal.

@Colleen2016 are they not working or not strong enough to lift your door? Could it be the runners are too tight ?

I am also looking to get an auto timer door opener. Hard to pick from.
Is there a list somewhere with all the manufacturers to pick from ?
I will make my own door and runners but need one that will lift a door that is made of solid wood, not a light weight sheet metal.

@Colleen2016 are they not working or not strong enough to lift your door? Could it be the runners are too tight ?

I had a Titan Incubator automatic door opener and it lasted only about eight months before the sensor and display screen went and it started opening the door in the middle of the night, and wouldn't close at nightfall. I'm lucky I didn't wake up to a fox attack. It had a mind of it's own so I had to stop using it. Titan wouldn't believe me when I told them, and wanted me to send them pics of my set-up, and of the back motherboard while the engine was running with a counterweight of so many grammes, they also wanted me to carry out other tests with the sensor... basically jobs an engineer would do. I did all the tests and it still wouldn’t work. I sent it back and they sent me a new one but refused to refund my postage. They told me there was nothing wrong with it...they never believed me in the first place. Poor customer service with a useless product. I have heard that ChickenGaurd are brilliant, so I will be buying from them in future. On a positive note, I swear by having a reliable one. It beats getting up at 5am in the middle of the summer to let the girls out.

I had a Titan Incubator automatic door opener and it lasted only about eight months before the sensor and display screen went and it started opening the door in the middle of the night, and wouldn't close at nightfall. I'm lucky I didn't wake up to a fox attack. It had a mind of it's own so I had to stop using it. Titan wouldn't believe me when I told them, and wanted me to send them pics of my set-up, and of the back motherboard while the engine was running with a counterweight of so many grammes, they also wanted me to carry out other tests with the sensor... basically jobs an engineer would do. I did all the tests and it still wouldn’t work. I sent it back and they sent me a new one but refused to refund my postage. They told me there was nothing wrong with it...they never believed me in the first place. Poor customer service with a useless product. I have heard that ChickenGaurd are brilliant, so I will be buying from them in future. On a positive note, I swear by having a reliable one. It beats getting up at 5am in the middle of the summer to let the girls out.

Thanks Fonkymc, we'll be happy to help when you are ready to switch to ChickenGuard. We pride ourselves on a quality product and strive for excellent customer service.

Back
Top Bottom