best brand of chicken feed?

It used to be a few dollars difference for higher protein. 10 pounds is a lot of difference. So now Layena is 40 pounds too? I can't see how they can justify selling 20% less feed for the same price. Layena is only 16% right?

Of course it would not matter what blue seal was costing.
wink.png
I agree. And it's happening with our food supply.

When costs go up, manufacturers have two choices: 1) Raise prices 2) Reduce quantity. Sometimes the market won't handle higher prices, so you lower the packaging quantity.

This is why icecream comes in 1.5qt packages now instead of 1/2 gallon - the market won't allow $9/package for icecream, so we get smaller containers.

True, things do get more expensive. But IMO, I think it's gone up in price with the popularity of chickens. Notice it's becoming similar to dog food with more and more choices, LOL. I just think that's quite a jump all at one time.

PoultryDVM has a feed lookup tool that shows the majority of the different poultry feeds with prices and nutrition comparison. It sounds like it might be of use to you.

We live in a pretty small area, and dont really have much diversity as far as different brands of feed to choose from. They do NOT like the local store brand. I have not used Purina, but have seen alot of negativity regarding that brand. Has anyone used Ranchway layer ration? The locals here really like it.... Just needing some input as my hens have seemed to go on strike and not liking the feed. HELP.............
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom