Best Chicken Mix Projects (Anyone who has done a project can post here)

Not true, you are confusing true Cornish, with Cornish Cross or CX meat birds.

They are NOT THE SAME, and should not be compared to each other,

I'm so sorry, should have said this.
I tell you what would be neat, if someone could do a cornish crossed with a regular breed (ie RIR, Orp, etc.). I'm not talking about a Cornish rock cross Monstrosity but something that could legitimately free range like a normal breed with feed at complete availability, and yet still be able to run without waddling.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, should have said this.
As they would say on "BAD BOYZ"...

Now THAT is more like it...

Here's what would work for you.. Agile enough to roost on 7' roosts... meaty enough to eat... Lays 5-6 eggs per week- on free choice 20% breeder ration, and free ranging. I fill feeders about every 12 days- ~12ish birds in the big pen.. The breeder trios get feeders filled about ever other week, but do not free range...

Last edited:

Here's what would work for you.. Agile enough to roost on 7' roosts... meaty enough to eat... Lays 5-6 eggs per week- on free choice 20% breeder ration, and free ranging. I fill feeders about every 12 days- ~12ish birds in the big pen.. The breeder trios get feeders filled about ever other week, but do not free range...

th.gif
droolin.gif
Are these your "ideal" meat chickens, or LF Cornish?

Last edited:
th.gif
droolin.gif
Are these your "ideal" meat chickens, or LF Cornish?
cornish...They are the basis for my meaty ideas and projects... Eventually you'll find me only have whites, blue laced red, and a meaty crossed up idea pen.

My "ideal" idea is set wayside last year.

I got some very good SQ Amer last year- but lost every purebred I had, and the half bloods were all males... I just bought 10 CX chicks last week- so restarting it this year.

Although, the hatchery sourced WLR Cornish, IMO- work the same as a good BQ DP bird... So in theory= yes they are my ideal meat bird cross.

With losing my Amer last year, I'm going to try and jumble up the CX with Cornish this year- and see what happens... even though in the long run, I think the Cornish is best...

Personally, the whites I have-, will be tough to beat. They look almost identical to the CX-- but in a functional chicken package.

Last edited:

forgot to mention- that in the 12 bird pen-- is also guineas and a pair of standard bronze turkeys.

droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom