Best chicks for kids???

Mcmchick

Chirping
May 30, 2021
Hi !
I'm looking for suggestions on the best chickens for kids! My son is 5 years old. We have an orpington and a golden laced wyandotte at the moment from last year, they're attached to me though. This year he'll be very involved so I'm looking for a good breed for kids to handle, cuddle, and love. Egg production not important, looking based on personality.

I was looking to get silkies but none arrive to my area until the end of may and no one is locally hatching. I'm due for another in July so I want to get my chicks early so I'm not dealing with
outside transition with a newborn.

Hi !
I'm looking for suggestions on the best chickens for kids! My son is 5 years old. We have an orpington and a golden laced wyandotte at the moment from last year, they're attached to me though. This year he'll be very involved so I'm looking for a good breed for kids to handle, cuddle, and love. Egg production not important, looking based on personality.

I was looking to get silkies but none arrive to my area until the end of may and no one is locally hatching. I'm due for another in July so I want to get my chicks early so I'm not dealing with
I would get chickens of equal size to your current ones if you plan to put them together eventually. It won't happen for a while, if they are accepted.

Hi !

Silkies their sweet, cute, fluffy and friendly but they can get stinky and dirty when older.

Back
Top Bottom