Best feed for silkies

I feed my Silkies the same thing that I feed any other chicken. My chickens are free range, but I still feed them the Purina Egg Laying Pellets, they seem to like it, if you are referring to chicks, I feed mine Purina Medicated Chick Starter, never had any problems. Lastly I sometimes give chicks chick grit, it is full of pro-biotics and is very cheep:D

I feed my Silkies the same thing that I feed any other chicken. My chickens are free range, but I still feed them the Purina Egg Laying Pellets, they seem to like it, if you are referring to chicks, I feed mine Purina Medicated Chick Starter, never had any problems. Lastly I sometimes give chicks chick grit, it is full of pro-biotics and is very cheep:D

I just opened a small bag of purina medicated chick feed and its awful dusty,I used to feed purina egg layer but found that brand very dusty.I feed blue seal now.I was feeding flock raiser with a high protein content.I had a Silk ie get water belly this past winter,I did some research as I had never had that before,one article said a high protein diet could cause that,I changed over to the egg layer. The reason I was feeding that is some breeders say silkies need more protein.Hoping mire Silkie people will chime in on this

I feed my silkies the same thing I feed the rest on my hens. I feed Purina laying pellets and my chickens occasionally free range. I have never had a problem with it. :)

I feed mine (all ages) nutrena chick starter with water added in the morning I like the extra protein and vitamins in chick starter. In my feeders I have a mix of feather fixer and all flock I like the smaller size pellets nutrena has, feather fixer is to high in calcium to feed only that as I always have mixed genders and ages. Grit and oyster shells on the side.

Back
Top Bottom