Best hatcheries?

The only one I have ordered from is Cackle. I ordered 25 Cochin Bantam chicks last August, they sent 29. I did loose 2 of them but both were my fault (one had pasty butt and one got crushed by the others because I didn't take them out of the brooder when adding shavings and they all freaked). The rest are happy and healthy and started laying on Christmas eve, and now 4 of them are broody. I did originally order Silkies but they were out since I ordered so late in the yr so the Cochins were my second choice. They did offer a wide variety of colors which was a big plus for me :)

I ordered 30 Pullets from Hoover ( I split the order between two other people), 10 Barred Rocks, 15 Easter Egg and 5 Black Sex Links, They sent me 33 Chicks total, We have lost two 1 the first night ( Black Sex Link My Friends )and 1 on Day 3 ( BR My Friends ). The others have been going strong Hoover was very nice to deal with on the phone and they were able to ship me my order with in a week of ordering a lot of placees were backed up for a few Months.

Holy moly they're expensive! That's the worst shipping price I've ever seen! I'd recommend My Pet Chicken or Meyer if you need small orders of chicks - I have had great experience with them AND MPC sexes bantams.

@ shadow, I have had the best luck with Murray Mcmurray hatchery. They have the best chicks out of anybody in my opinion. They also have a 100% live guarantee! I have ordered from them several times with great results and I'm very happy with there quality aswell. I will be uploading pics of my pullets and hens I've gotten from them and put under the (Any one order from Mcmurray hatchery? forum) let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
wee.gif

I would order from McMurray, but I can only have 6-8 chicks. I can't order 25. Its so hard to find small order hatcheries. The only ones I could find were Cackle(Small order special), Meyer, MPC, and California.

Back
Top Bottom