Best hatcheries?

I BOUGHT MY CHICKENS FROM THE FEED STORE AND TRACTOR SUPPLY COMPANY AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE A MINIMUM REQUIREMENT. BUT NOT ALL FEED STORES AND TSC HAVE THEM AVAILABLE BUT ITS WORTH A TRY IF YOU'RE NOT TOO PARTICULAR ON THE BREED
here in delaware tractor supple carried rir and sex links and they are a very nice bird, you can get them sexed i am very pleased with them, any one know of or heard of the delaware blue? i am looking for that one,

My local tractor supply tried to tell me bantam was a breed the rest are different color chickens. They also had no idea what hatchery they order from (I spoke to 3 diff people and called) ... I was not impressed by the people, we shall see about quality.

@chickenhawk1982 I saw that you have had good results with Murray McMurray and I was wondering if you knew anything about the Choice Layers. Our friends ordered 25 of them and they wanted us to raise them until they are about a month or so then we are planing on keeping 3-4. Thanks, brotchicks

We use Eagle Nest Poulty in Ocelola, Ohio. phone number is 419-562-1993 .. Locally owned family oriented business. Call and Talk to them and they can help you out!

I have ordered from My Pet Chicken and am pretty happy with the results. They all survived and had/have no health problems. Unfortunately the Blue Hamburg Pullet ended up being a Rooster, but that can happen with ANY hatchery. Good luck!

Edit: MPC has a spot to calculate the minimum chick number.
Where can you calculate the minimum chick number?

I ordered 40 Barred Rocks from Cackle Hatchery a few weeks ago and they arrived today.

All of them arrived alive, healthy and active. Shipping time was 2 days.

Note: we were supposed to get chicks from the Oct 7th run (the date given on their website and the one we requested.) However, they arrived a week early and we are still building their coop. Still, the fact that they arrived too soon is the only minor complaint that we have... and most folks would not see that as a reason to complain!

Overall, they get a thumbs up from us.

I get my from a local feed store, and they order from cackle. I have had at least one best in show or best pullet from this hatchery, as far as quality goes. Most of the chickens that I have from the company align with the standard. I had an especially stunning barred rock hen from cackle that I enjoyed a lot!

Back
Top Bottom