best hatchery to purchase dark cornish?

Thanks so much jerry! Do u ever sell/ship fertile eggs? U are 4 hrs away, on my way to myrtle beach. :) if u are selling some eggs in May I might have to make a pit stop if u would sell me any! It looked like that bud guy was out for awhile of birds. I didn't see the other nc one.

Well I don't have any Dark Cornish hens, but if you would like some of the cross between the Dark Cornish and the White Rock I should have some eggs and if my incubation goes well I will have some extra chicks, ether way I think we can work something out....

Jerry be sure and keep up with this thread or please start another one regarding your cross birds, I would like to know how they turn out as far as time it take to grow out, pics of birds when ready to butcher would be nice too.

No problem Blucoondawg, If I can get this incubator to have a good hatch rate I will surely keep you guys up on what the results are.

This is a very nice thread. Jerry please keep us updated, I'm looking to start dark Cornish also and to breed my own from there. I'm new to this so I'll follow this thread.

Right now searching where to get either fertile eggs or chicks, but all gave a minimum order of 15 which is a lot for me right now.

Just an fyi, purely poultry doesn't raise birds they're basically a chicken broker, middleman. You order through them and they arrange for delivery from who knows what hatchery or breeder. Not to say you will not get a decent bird from them but they aren't an actual hatchery

Just an fyi, purely poultry doesn't raise birds they're basically a chicken broker, middleman. You order through them and they arrange for delivery from who knows what hatchery or breeder. Not to say you will not get a decent bird from them but they aren't an actual hatchery

Thanks didn't know that.

Loc20chick that's what I had to do to fill the order, only wanted one rooster. I'm glad I ordered 10 hens and 5 roosters and picked out the best one. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the temps right for this incubator, all the info on this forum is helping out with that, so hopefully I will be setting eggs the 5th of April and if all goes well have some Dark Cornish and white Rock cross chicks....

Loc20chick that's what I had to do to fill the order, only wanted one rooster. I'm glad I ordered 10 hens and 5 roosters and picked out the best one. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the temps right for this incubator, all the info on this forum is helping out with that, so hopefully I will be setting eggs the 5th of April and if all goes well have some Dark Cornish and white Rock cross chicks....
I wish you were closer then I could buy some chicks from you
1f612.png
but after they hatch if you consider selling the hatching eggs, let me know.

I may have to order the 15 end April early May when I get a bigger coop.

Back
Top Bottom