Best place to get some Runner ducks

javajanie

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2010
Southern MD
We might be in the market for a couple soon. So what hatchery has the best quality? I don't want it for show, but I would like one that stands nice and straight! Oh, and is there anyone in the DC/MD/VA metro area that would happen to have some hatching soon?

The ones I saw from Nellabean in another thread on here look very nice from Metzer. I got mine from Ideal and they are pretty crappy looking Runners, though I love them because they are mine. They just don't stand up like Runners should. If I ever order more I will look into Metzers.

Quote:
How many do you want? I just placed an order w/Metzers & they should ship next Tuesday. I placed the minimum order of 10, but could part w/some if you wanted them. Otherwise, 10 it is
smile.png

keep an eye out on craigslist. You just may find some local and not have to worry about minimums or shipping. If you were to come down to NC there is a member on BYC in Charlotte that usually has some and her's look great. I have 13 of her's right now. I have some runner duck eggs in the incubator right now and might be able to spare a couple.

With Metzers you can order less than 10, but it costs a little more. I only ordered 6 and they put a little heat pack in with them, and they arrived healthy and happy.

Back
Top Bottom