best rat poison

We are having a terrible time with rats eating our eggs. These are huge, like river rats. We put out bar poison we got from the co-op and killed dozens, then it's like the word got out and they won't eat it. While the rats were dying, our egg count went up tremendously, and now that the rats are rampant, we are getting very few a day. Suggestions?

We are having a terrible time with rats eating our eggs. These are huge, like river rats. We put out bar poison we got from the co-op and killed dozens, then it's like the word got out and they won't eat it. While the rats were dying, our egg count went up tremendously, and now that the rats are rampant, we are getting very few a day. Suggestions?

Did you try any rat poison like this. I was check few rat poison and find this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Motomco-Tomcat-Weather-Chunx
I am thinking to buy this because this poison have lots of review on amazon. Definitely, I will test it.

What we bought was "Just One Bite" which is also a bar-type poison. They ate it like crazy and was dying left and right. Then, like I said, it seems like the word got out and they quit eating that and started eating our eggs again.

I want to add
I use many different poisons as much as I can get, if they become resistant to one poison the other may be helpful.
Rats tend to block the entrance to the poison to hide it from other rats so they don't share it, keep an eye on that.
There is a trick I use successfully with mice: put the poison in a container and make a hole just enough for the rodent to get inside, then place spring traps with no bait in front of the hole, the mouse will come to eat the poison it got caught in the trap, if it dodges the traps it will eat poison anyway, This way you reduce your poison consumption and resistance and you have traps with permanent bait all the time

Please don't use Poison. One of my Danes died because he ate a dead Crow, that ate a poisoned mouse or rat. :(

Try the Electric rat traps !
I did a thread on it. WOrks great !
I don't think many chicken owners will have great sympathy to a bird eating dog.
It is unlikely that a big dog will die this way, the amount of poison he would have got from that is tiny. Unless your dog consumed the poison directly without you knowing that.

I don't think many chicken owners will have great sympathy to a bird eating dog.
It is unlikely that a big dog will die this way, the amount of poison he would have got from that is tiny. Unless your dog consumed the poison directly without you knowing that.

He ate a DEAD crow, not an alive one. He was also fed a Raw Diet.
He used to play with the chickens we had.
And that is EACTLY what he died of, the poisoned crow. Per autopsy.

Help. I saw a rat in my back yard where my chickens free range during the day. The rat came out of a drain pipe 10 feet from me and the chickens were closer. They just looked at it. The rat stood up and looked at me then ran back in the pipe. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I can keep the chickens in the run and away from a trap/poison until it's caught.

Back
Top Bottom