BEST ROOSTER CONTEST! - ends September 8th 2022-

Pics
Fun fact
SO SWEET!!!!
That's wonderful, good to hear about the good roosters, you always hear about the mean ones. He looks very spoiled! Very handsome too!!!
I think they get misunderstood a lot unfortunately, not saying there isn’t mean Roosters out there though. He did go through a bit of an owly stage around 4 -5 months in the height of his boy hormones kicking in but we worked through it and so happy we did. Working from home and being able to spend time with him every day has maybe played a role or maybe I just got lucky.

Name-Stormy
Age-Roughly 17-18 weeks
Breed- Black Australorp
Fun fact- He was a mistake! He was supposed to be a pullet sapphire gem. But he's wonderful and very curious. Wouldn't trade him!
View attachment 3247060
He is so handsome! Mine was a happy accident too lol. We tried to change Wednesday’s name to Buckwheat but couldn’t stop calling him Wednesday by default so he gets to keep his feminine name 😂

He is so handsome! Mine was a happy accident too lol. We tried to change Wednesday’s name to Buckwheat but couldn’t stop calling him Wednesday by default so he gets to keep his feminine name 😂
I was just lucky the kids picked a gender neutral name. But I think if we hadn't he'd still be Gladys! Lol it took me for ever to stop calling him her. And greeting them....I had to move to ladies and gentleman. So I totally get where you are coming from 🙂♥️

Fun fact

I think they get misunderstood a lot unfortunately, not saying there isn’t mean Roosters out there though. He did go through a bit of an owly stage around 4 -5 months in the height of his boy hormones kicking in but we worked through it and so happy we did. Working from home and being able to spend time with him every day has maybe played a role or maybe I just got lucky.
I too have a really nice rooster, not as cuddly as your but doesn't mind being held and me being around. I am so glad you gave him a chance, see everyone, a little time can work wonders!!

I too have a really nice rooster, not as cuddly as your but doesn't mind being held and me being around. I am so glad you gave him a chance, see everyone, a little time can work wonders!!
@Jennahraine as well. I agree 💯. I think it's possible to work through some of the rough spots if you are willing to put in the time and energy. I totally get that not all roosters are the same and there some really nasty ones out there that it won't work for and the stew pot is the best place for them. It's a 50/50 shot. I do believe luck(genetics and such) plays a role but I think sometimes environment can also play a role as well. It's a nature vs. nurture experiment really. I'm so glad you both have a rooster you love and is a asset to your flock. That's ultimately the goal! Love them cause they are special!

@Jennahraine as well. I agree 💯. I think it's possible to work through some of the rough spots if you are willing to put in the time and energy. I totally get that not all roosters are the same and there some really nasty ones out there that it won't work for and the stew pot is the best place for them. It's a 50/50 shot. I do believe luck(genetics and such) plays a role but I think sometimes environment can also play a role as well. It's a nature vs. nurture experiment really. I'm so glad you both have a rooster you love and is a asset to your flock. That's ultimately the goal! Love them cause they are special!
Totally agree, yes there are really bad ones out there but that should not turn people off getting rooster because there are also many nice ones. 👍 I do recommend for first time rooster owners to get mature ones though

Totally agree, yes there are really bad ones out there but that should not turn people off getting rooster because there are also many nice ones. 👍 I do recommend for first time rooster owners to get mature ones though
I would tend to agree with that. If you're lucky enough to choose and don't end up with one by accident. Lol

Back
Top Bottom