Best thermometer/hygrometer with probe?

Hahaha...probably. There are way too many options nowadays, and half the time you can't trust the reviews (especially if they're overwhelmingly positive with no negatives in sight).

It's this one: https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Digital-Thermometer-Humidity/dp/B06XY3X7P9/, though I'd recommend getting it locally if you can that way if there's an issue you can exchange or return it far easier. I know Petsmart carries them. Walmart might.
Thanks Gina!

Yeah, I try to focus on the bad reviews most of the time. You know those are honest. It also makes it easier to see any common issues.

I got Govee thermometer/hygrometers with Bluetooth so I could obsessively monitor readings without opening the incubator. I absolutely love how small & unassuming it is for setting inside the bator, and how it tracks throughout time for you to see the fluctuations. You can name each unit (I bought 2 for my 2 bators) & monitor each separately in the app. The units can also be loaded onto multiple devices, so when I’m not home someone else can keep watch. The hygrometers in them were very accurate, more so than any of the others I’ve bought- I tested them with a cigar humidity testing kit. The temperatures not so much. I have the bators set up in my bathroom, blocked off the doorway, window open for airflow, added 7 plants for oxygen (I’m at 6500 elevation) and set up a humidifier & space heater to keep the outside levels higher. My 1st hatch all pipped on Day 18/19, indicating consistent high temps while my Govee was reading a pretty steady 99.5 degrees throughout. I have a 2nd incubator that I set 10 days after the 1st one, so I adjusted the bator temp down by .6 degrees as soon as all the 1st batch pipped on Day 18, and now I’m on lockdown for the 2nd bator with lower adjusted temps with no early pips, so I feel like I’ve reasonably ruled out the possibility that my flock is filled with early hatchers, so high temps are the likely culprit. I have 4 other digital therm/hygrometers I bought for this incubation round based on high reviews & they’re all over the place- so frustrating! I’m going to keep the Govee’s for humidity since they were spot on in my test kit, and I’m currently shopping around for a probe thermometer with a digital readout. Looks like, for my preferences to have a ‘remote’ therm that I don’t have to open the lid to check, the probe types may be the best option to calibrate & test w/freezing & boiling methods, since you can submerge the probe & adjust. I’ve been researching my little eyes off, and have yet to find one with consistent reviews that is in a reasonable price point ($35 and under for me). I’ll post again if I find something that shines up!

Attachments

• 77104927-4538-431E-A6D6-415F083A392B.jpeg
    77104927-4538-431E-A6D6-415F083A392B.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 2
My Govee Bluetooth units are 1.5” x 1.5” squares that are just a bit over .5” in depth.
These are the ones I bought on Amazon. If I buy more, I’m going to get the same style Govee’s that are wifi enabled rather than just Bluetooth, so I can obsess even when I’m not at home!
Govee Smart Hygrometer, Wireless Thermometer, Mini Bluetooth Humidity Sensor with Notification Alert, Data Storage and Export, 328 Feet Connecting Range https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R586J3...abc_F20NG9A0XMS494V28QVE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered my second incutherm from incubator warehouse. My first one has been great and I like the little probe that fits through the incubator hole. The other i had set inside but I didn't like it taking up a egg space.

Back
Top Bottom