Best way to keep water from freezing?

Quote:
Starting in 2012, they are going to start fazing out the 100W and higher wattage bulbs. Then faze out the rest over the next couple of years. I don't know about the heat bulbs, but wouldn't be surprised if they were included, knowing the geniuses we have in DC.
Jack

I think Heat Bulbs and other "speciality" bulbs are exempt.

Quote:
Starting in 2012, they are going to start fazing out the 100W and higher wattage bulbs. Then faze out the rest over the next couple of years. I don't know about the heat bulbs, but wouldn't be surprised if they were included, knowing the geniuses we have in DC.
Jack

I think Heat Bulbs and other "speciality" bulbs are exempt.

But I'll need regular bulbs for my cookie tin water heater. Da*n government.
barnie.gif

Not to get political, but this lightbulb mandate will probably go away if there is an administration change in 2012. Besides, they haven't dealt with the mercury issue in the new compact florescent bulbs. You can't just throw them away because they contain mercury. Not sure what you're supposed to do if it breaks in your house. I guess poisoning people with mercury is less important than saving electricity to the government.

If you account for the manufacturing and power usage, incandescent actually put more mercury into the atmosphere than florescent....mainly because 50% of all electrical power is coal-based and burning coal releases it

Pretty much no good answer really. I do like that my electric bill is significantly lower on a monthly basis with all florescent bulbs at least.

Quote:
I'm the type that hopes for the best, but expects the worst. So I'll keep panicking
lol.png
for now. Just kidding. Sort of.

btw I've heard that what you're supposed to do for a cfl breakage is call in a haz-mat team to decontaminate your home and I believe you have to stay out of it for so many days. I'm not kidding. Back when cfl first came out we tried some and none lasted a tenth of how long they were supposed to last. I've heard that it's even worse now. So I don't get the savings. cfl lights give me headaches so if I have to have them all through my house, I will be super duper crabby.

It's not the type of light that bothers me (I've tried several different types and brands). According to my dr they flash off and on (although so fast it's not visible to the eye) and that is what causes headaches. He said quite a few of his patients have the same problem.

And the bottom line is too much government control. JMO.

Quote:
No, It looks like this is here to stay. When the Reps (It was actually a Rep that introduced the original bulb ban bill) took over congress after 2010's election, there was talk of repealing it. But in the end, thats all it was, talk. Besides that, The factories the made the bulbs are closed down. Another factory in a looong line of factorys that are now gone. If you want incadescent bulbs, Better stock up now.
Jack

Back
Top Bottom