Bielefelder sources

I've gotten Bielefelder hatching eggs from Omega Hills Farm and they get their stock from Greenfire. Right now I have 8 pullets in the brooder and I am just crossing my fingers that they make it to laying stage so that I can put them with my Greenfire roos.

I got my Biels from Orchard Hill in Griffin ,GA. I would definitely recommend them. Our Biels are as advertised. Great temperaments , large and my pullets are currently laying large eggs at 1 per day with no supplemental light. They started to lay around 6.5 - 7 months.

I got my Biels from Orchard Hill in Griffin ,GA. I would definitely recommend them. Our Biels are as advertised. Great temperaments , large and my pullets are currently laying large eggs at 1 per day with no supplemental light. They started to lay around 6.5 - 7 months.
Good to know! Thank you!

I realize this is a few months old but I wanted to mention that I have two cockerels from MM and they all have “angel wings” which are feathers that curl forward on the wings. I will have to cull them which is just a waste of money.

i bought hatching eggs from a woman in AZ. out of 12 i think 5 hatched but were ALL girls! i can't have roosters here so 5 girls was better than all hatch and have a bunch of cockerels to rehome! they were great birds! so gentle and really good layers and hear good meat birds but i don't do that.....

@Tbird84 , You can look up breeders and hatcheries via NPIP website.

Search by state:
http://www.poultryimprovement.org/statesContent.cfm

They use stock codes. Here is the code for the breed:
Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 11.32.18 AM.png

If you want other codes, they are listed at above link, left side, click on "stock codes"

Good Luck

I've gotten Bielefelder hatching eggs from Omega Hills Farm and they get their stock from Greenfire. Right now I have 8 pullets in the brooder and I am just crossing my fingers that they make it to laying stage so that I can put them with my Greenfire roos.

I ordered a dozen pullets from Greenfire and they all turned out the be culls (white earlobes/white eggs). I have not heard that GF has done anything to getting their Biele breeding stock back to standard. I gave all of them away as BY chickens/pets ..at $30/ea that was an expensive and failed attempt to save a rare breed.

Back
Top Bottom