Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
Feb 17, 2021
Somewhere down in Texas
So I’ve never actually owned this breed, but I’m getting 4 hens early June. I’ve always found this breed very fascinating and think they deserve more attention because they are so pretty and apparently they’re super friendly. I wanted to start a thread focused around everything Bielefelders, so we can all enjoy everything great they offer. Even if you don’t own Bielefelders, please still join to see these amazing chickens!

-ChickenWhisperer101

I don't have any, unfortunately (well I have a little male, but I'm currently trying to find someone who needs one for their flock. Silly me didn't write the info down of someone who had been interested 😑😅😣). I had tried to to get a few hens last year with no luck
I would definitely be interested if I wasn’t getting 2 (maybe 3) cockerels already

I have an almost 2wk old roo from McMurray. So far he’s quite sweet. One of the first ones to come up when I’m cleaning the brooder and doesn’t complain when I’m handling him. Photos are when he first arrived and 1wk old.
24EE1E9F-7184-432C-BDA7-C010C68C4D49.jpeg
BA8E3785-B652-4EB3-8D00-E1248FEE1064.jpeg

I have an almost 2wk old roo from McMurray. So far he’s quite sweet. One of the first ones to come up when I’m cleaning the brooder and doesn’t complain when I’m handling him. Photos are when he first arrived and 1wk old. View attachment 2669845View attachment 2669846
I’m secretly hoping one of my pullets turn out to be a cockerel, but I know that’s not likely since they are a color sexing breed. Good luck with your baby, he’s gorgeous!

I’m secretly hoping one of my pullets turn out to be a cockerel, but I know that’s not likely since they are a color sexing breed. Good luck with your baby, he’s gorgeous!
Who are you getting your birds from? It’s probably not too late to change your order. I would think most hatcheries would gladly switch to a roo since not every wants boys.

Who are you getting your birds from? It’s probably not too late to change your order. I would think most hatcheries would gladly switch to a roo since not every wants boys.
Well I would but, I have 2 cockerels plus 2 freebies on the way and don’t intentionally want to get another cockerel, but I will definitely get one (or hatch one from someone) in the future

Back
Top Bottom