Bielefelder

HI, there is another Bielefelder thread on Back Yard Chicken…..it begins with, A Bielefelder thread, and has lots of pages…..beautiful chickens, a friend has them…..

Hi anyone else having egg laying issues with their bielfelders? They are hardly laying - worse layers I've ever had. Has anyone ever had this problem? My Isbars and creamlegbars are the same age and laying great. Thanks!

Hi anyone else having egg laying issues with their bielfelders? They are hardly laying - worse layers I've ever had. Has anyone ever had this problem? My Isbars and creamlegbars are the same age and laying great. Thanks!

How old are they, where is your location, and do you have any additional lighting on them? With 5 hens, I am getting 4-5 eggs per day.

I am in Indiana the birds are 8 months they are from greenfire farms . I also have Isbars and cream leg bars they are laying awesome

With the short daylight hours, I have mine under lights to extend daylight a couple of hours, and at 32 weeks they probably are just starting to lay. Give them a little more time, and they will pick up speed. Actually mine amaze me in laying and in rooster size, very happy with this breed.

Thank you I'll be patient. Anybody have experience with rodbars I am getting eleven of them I'm excited

So no posts on this link in a while... Wondering about how everyone's eggs look. Are they large or extra large? I've got 13 3 month old chicks.. wondering when they will start laying and if they are prolific egg layers. Also, my daughters would like to show them at the county fair.. has anyone seen any information on what standard people are breeding for?

Mine are doing fantastic extra large eggs 4 or 5 a week birds are beautiful and super friendly I have 2 Roos and 7 pullets roos are the best ever it took a while for them too lay about eight months I love them good luck

Back
Top Bottom