Bird watching

Pics
Found this in the bushes today.

20170523_143438.jpg

Seen a few female turkeys around town today (maybe they didn't find a mate or hatch anything?) and I think maybe an osprey

Black capped chickadees were all over my feeders today. They are so Darling! I also have two martin houses that are almost full there are so many this year they just fill the back yard with their noisy chatter in the mornings. I love every minute of it though.

And I saw this bird the other day that was all black, almost thought it was a crow or raven but it was smaller, and it had a purple sheen on it's breast.

And I saw this bird the other day that was all black, almost thought it was a crow or raven but it was smaller, and it had a purple sheen on it's breast.
Probably what we just call a blackbird around here. They are kinda crow like. But martins do have a purple shine but smaller than a blackbird. You can tell by the way they fly. They are in the swallow family so have a graceful swooping motion when they fly.

You should have purple martins in your area in the spring summer months. They don't usually come to the ground to eat though they eat bugs in the air so they don't come to feeders. They are fun to watch. People where I live used to put up houses for them like crazy. I've noticed you don't see near as many houses as you used to and its sad because they have come to depend on them over the years. I think that's why I have so many. So many older people who cared for them are gone now or in the nursing home and the younger people just aren't into it as much these days.

Back
Top Bottom