Bisquick, Buttermilk, Snap, and Junior's chat thread. NOW ACCEPTING JOINING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bird On Hand: Mother knows a good way to keep young chicks from getting sick. She only offers water and fine chick scratch the first day. It is supposed to help prevent pasting and other problems caused by temperature changes.

Columbine: I remember that. We had that stuff that was like scratch, only really small pieces for the first two days.

Ivy: That's because you were too lazy to walk very far on the second day; there was some chick feed by the far side of the brooder.

Bird On Hand: Mother is very big on staring at chicks in the brooder.

Ivy: Remember that nice rug we had in the brooder? The white one that was only in there for the first four days?

Columbine: Those were called paper towels. They were supposed to keep us from eating our bed.

Ivy: Our bed tasted better than the rug.

Columbine: I think that was the idea, dear.

Daylily: No, the reason Daffodil died was because she had just been shipped from Murray McMurray to our feed store, and then from the feed store to our house before an hour had gone by. She had water and scratch, but she was just too weak.
Freesia: It probably couldn't have been prevented no matter what we did.
Daylily: Oh, A rug? We need one!
Freesia: We have some--wood shavings.
Daylily: But they don't taste good!

Daylily: No, the reason Daffodil died was because she had just been shipped from Murray McMurray to our feed store, and then from the feed store to our house before an hour had gone by. She had water and scratch, but she was just too weak.
Freesia: It probably couldn't have been prevented no matter what we did.
Daylily: Oh, A rug? We need one!
Freesia: We have some--wood shavings.
Daylily: But they don't taste good!

Rose: That's horrible!
Bird On Hand: I came from Murray McMurray. That was a long, long ride in a box.
Violet: The rug is supposed to keep you from eating the wood shavings.
Daisy: It also feels good on the feet!

Me: Daffodil Died---it's just Daylily and Freesia now.
Me: Oh No! I'm so sorry
hugs.gif

Ohstahrah: Hi Daylily and Freesia! I'm so sorry about Daffodil
Gloria:What's new here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom