Black Australorp with blue earlobes?

Jlwarn92

Chirping
Feb 26, 2023
Daytona Beach Florida
Hey everyone! Coming to the experts for some help. Is it normal for Australorps to have blue earlobes? I supposedly purchased two barred Plymouth rocks from a local breeder. While one grew into a beautiful barred rock, the other is very clearly not lol. When I asked the breeder she said she may have mistaken the other for australorp and wasn’t very helpful otherwise. As our girl Peepers has grown, I’ve noticed that she has blue earlobes. I’ve also noticed she doesn’t quite look like the other australorps I’ve researched, she is very slim and as our family jokes “athletic” compared to our other ladies.

She is currently 20 weeks old, she does not have yellow legs, I would describe them as grey/pink. She is very skittish and is not yet laying. As I mentioned she a slimmer build than our Barred Rock, Orpington and olive egger. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5115.jpeg
    IMG_5115.jpeg
    932.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5122.png
    IMG_5122.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
Thank you! I’ll have to look into the Andalusians, from what I’ve read so far that definitely fits her
Has she given you any eggs yet? Andalusian hens lay white eggs. Austrolorps lay brown. I have a blue andalusian that is extremely flighty (skittish) and thin/athletic as you described your hen also. Her tail feathers and body look like my blue andalusian. I think australorps are more round and fluffy. Andalusians are a pain imo, they dart around when you try to pet them or get near them. No matter how much I handled and socialized mine, she still acts this way, it's the breed i geuss.

Has she given you any eggs yet? Andalusian hens lay white eggs. Austrolorps lay brown. I have a blue andalusian that is extremely flighty (skittish) and thin/athletic as you described your hen also. Her tail feathers and body look like my blue andalusian. I think australorps are more round and fluffy. Andalusians are a pain imo, they dart around when you try to pet them or get near them. No matter how much I handled and socialized mine, she still acts this way, it's the breed i geuss.
She did and it was white! I do believe she is in fact an Andalusian. My family jokes that she is our “athletic” chicken. I agree about her being a pain, even as a chick she was skittish and would peck our hands! Good to know it’s the breed and not just her.

Attachments

• IMG_5402.png
    IMG_5402.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom