Black sex link thread!!! Pics and info!

Pics
Guys is this a black sex link? it is with 6 other ISA browns and 4 of the 6 ISA's are roosters :(

it is 8-10 weeks old now and is getting emerald colours through it.

I have an opportunity to purchase some BSLs, and would love to based on their egg production. The one thing the kind of turns me off about them is that I've read that they can be really noisy. Is this true? As I know that all breeds can be noisy at times, are BSLs noisier that most?

Mine is very quiet.

this is Pipsqueak and her mowhawk. Has anyone ever seen a BSL with feathers like that? I was told this bird was 14 weeks old when I got her about 2 months ago. She has barley any comb development and is not laying.

this is Pipsqueak and her mowhawk. Has anyone ever seen a BSL with feathers like that? I was told this bird was 14 weeks old when I got her about 2 months ago. She has barley any comb development and is not laying.
Could you post a pic of the whole chicken? She has a lot of orange for a BSL.

I have 16 BSL's that are about 14 weeks and am seeing a wide variety of color patterns as far as some having color around the head and neck on some and more color on the breast area of others.
Some are showing almost no color. Combs and wattles vary from almost invisible to developing nicely.
There also appear to be some more upright tails in the bunch so I am suspecting that there are a number of cockerels among them even though I was "assured" that they were all pullets.
If I had planned on strictly raising layers it would bother me more but I am actually hoping for as many as 3 so I can break the flock up into 3 smaller flocks of 6-7 hens to a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom