Black skin and legs, white feathers, little gal

PileatedFarms

Songster
Jun 29, 2021
Michigan
Hi all!

We hatched out babies for the first time on the farm. The eggs came from a friend's farm who has a large mixed flock, so they are backyard chicks. One of the hebs is way smaller (50% at this point) than the others and has black skin and black legs. I thought silkie but she obviously doesn't have those traits (headdress or feathered feet). Any thoughts on who she is?

Attachments

• 20231217_141200.jpg
    20231217_141200.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 56
Hi all!

We hatched out babies for the first time on the farm. The eggs came from a friend's farm who has a large mixed flock, so they are backyard chicks. One of the hebs is way smaller (50% at this point) than the others and has black skin and black legs. I thought silkie but she obviously doesn't have those traits (headdress or feathered feet). Any thoughts on who she is?
Dominant white parent (probably leghorn) and fibro parent (probably ayam cemani)

You weren't kidding when you said they had a lot! Could you ask them if they have any aysm cemani or other black skinned birds?
They definitely have some black skinned birds, I remember chatting with them about it last summer. And you know chicken math! 8 to 20 to....200 lol

Back
Top Bottom