Black & White Sex Link

momchick4

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 7, 2015
Anyone ever heard of a Black & White sex link?
My son is showing a Black sex link this weekend at a poultry show. The bird next to his looks like a Barred Rock (with a tint of red in the neck), but they claim it is a sex link. They actually thought it was a black sex link because whoever they bought it from told them.

The show judge said it is something new called a Black & White sex link.
Can't find anything on the internet. Just curious if anyone has any info on these.

Sounds like a male black sex link.

black sex link---females are black with gold leakage at the throat/chest, depending on the rooster used in the cross.
males are single barred, so the color is the same as a barred Rock female. they have gold leakage on the hackles, saddle feathers and wings, depending on the rooster used to make the cross.

there can't genetically be a female sex link colored like a barred Rock hen.

can your son get a pic?

Sounds like a male black sex link.

black sex link---females are black with gold leakage at the throat/chest, depending on the rooster used in the cross.
males are single barred, so the color is the same as a barred Rock female. they have gold leakage on the hackles, saddle feathers and wings, depending on the rooster used to make the cross.

there can't genetically be a female sex link colored like a barred Rock hen.

can your son get a pic?

X2 on donrae's post.

I 100% positive it was a barred rock with imperfections. The kids mother insisted it was a black sex link. Why let your kid enter a bird that you know nothing about? So frustrating. :-(.

Here is my son's Blue Ribbon Black Sex Link Pullet. He bought her at 2 days old with his own money.

I 100% positive it was a barred rock with imperfections. The kids mother insisted it was a black sex link. Why let your kid enter a bird that you know nothing about? So frustrating. :-(.

Here is my son's Blue Ribbon Black Sex Link Pullet. He bought her at 2 days old with his own money.

She's a beautiful Black Sex Link pullet. :eek:)

It had the coloring of a black sex link rooster, but it was a hen (unless roosters lay eggs :-D)

Thank you. My son is soooo proud of her blue ribbon. She is only 22 weeks old. He has put a lot of hard work into raising her.

Back
Top Bottom