Black Widow Spider!

2.gif

Oh No! It got loose.

Imp

Quote:
lau.gif

I keep looking at the pictures ... can't stop myself. Everytime one loads I shudder and often verbalize my disgust ... my dad thinks it is hilarious!

I will probably dream about spiders eating me all night long now.

Quote:
Yeah, tell that to the creepy, prickly feeling in the back of my neck! lol
tongue.png
I can't help it
hide.gif

I am even creeped out if I wake up with a spider bite ... just the thought that it was crawling on me at night ... UGH!

I live in Southern Ontario ....closer to Toronto ....and on the news this week there was an elderly woman who lives in the Hamilton area ...that was weeding her garden and was bitten by a black widow ...she ended up paralized from the neck or chest down ...and its slowly going away ....extremely painful....
The fellow from the medical lab said there common in the Windsor area on the other side of the river from Detroit ...The moral of the story ...wear gloves when gardening
I remember as a child living out west in the Okanagan Valley my Dad collecting them in Big old wine/whisky jugs in his workshop window ....

I have just killed 4 or 5 black widows in the past 2 days.
ep.gif
What can I use to kill the spiders (other than my foot) but won't hurt my chickens???
idunno.gif

I took a picture of one of them, it shows the red hourglass really well. I just don't know how to put it on this site.

My husband said that I should use Malathion, but I'm afraid it may hurt the chickens. I won't spay in their pen but some of the area around the pen is were the spiders are.

Please advise...I can't afford a pest control guy.

Thank you for the reply
I use DE in my coop all the time, and I sprinkle it on the floor and around the bottom of the foundation of the run with a sifter. I have seen webs, but we also have daddy longleggs and they seem to keep the skeeters down.
thumbsup.gif
Thank you for the heads up on how to post the image.

33828_blackwidow1.jpg

Any other suggestions on how to get rid of these ugly things?
hide.gif

I just killed one just now near my bonsai
That darn spider had to die! I fear most spiders. Especially black widows. I had one on me, and I had a panic attack lol. I captured it and filled a jar with boiling hot water and killed it. Darn things... But yes, they scare the crud out of me...
hide.gif

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom