Black Widow Spider!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Thanks ALOT ya'll! I have a dreadful amount of spiders around and IN the house this fall. Lots and lots of huge black widows - I have to squish the ones I can't avoid because the chickens won't have anything to do with 'em. I have always known we have them around, but usually just in the water meter pit and such - not under every item, board, bucket,chair and leaf.
Thanks to all the photos here, I have concluded that one of the many kinds of spider intruders are brown recluses. I already am on antibiotics for one suspected spider bite that got all swollen and infected, and have definitely got one on the other arm now - two little bumps with the infection all around.
This weekend is supposed to be clear; I can dump the cat outside and bug bomb the house. This is ridiculous! And buy me some new garden gloves while at it.

I kept a female black widow as a pet in a large glass jar. She lived 2.5 years and I fed her flies. Neat creature, their mouth parts are so small I can see why, even though they are VERY common, few people are ever bitten.

I'd love to get another one. Anyone ship me a live spider?
frow.gif

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG... this thread is going to make me piss myself!

I've killed a few already this month in my house getting out of the cold... I HATE THE SOUTH and I HATE IT'S SPIDERS TOO!!!!

hit.gif

I find black widows in our garage and under the house. That shiny black fat round abdomen is always a dead give away, without looking for the red hourglass. Widows are shiny like they have been polished. Squish!
wink.png

Quote:
I didn't read all the posts but I did read that. However. It does not take much. I use "Home Defence". You can buy it just about in every hardware and retail store accross the country. It's cheap and it's the same product that exterminators use.

I had a severe problem with Wolf Spiders. I was killing about 30 every day around my house and inside. The Wolf Spider is not "poisonous", but it packs a heck of a punch. Hense the name.

The product is easy to use and safe for children and pets after it is dry. You don't need much. Just spray in in the corners and dark cubbies that spiders hang out. With in one week you will notice a BIG difference. The product lasts about a month. You can repeat every month. But I find if I get them in the spring, they are pretty much gone all summer.

This is just a suggestion. You do not have to use it. It's just what I use.

We have "wolf spiders" here..... Non-venomous, but HORRID to wake up to in the middle of the night, and fast. Spiders make me want to cry...

2LFLWLYLOLQR0HXRDZ7RFZQRDZRZELMRELMROZMRKHERZHIZ1LJLULJLTZZZTLLZWLIZAL5RRH5RBLIZCL0ZAL4RCL.jpg

Big enough for me to scream and run the other way....

hide.gif

I had one crawl across my foot in the garden, was I wearing shoes - of course not. I just froze and my mind was thinking "kick it off" or "wait it out". I picked plan B and just as soon as it got off my foot it had a bad accident. I'll take a hundred snakes to 1 spider any day!

Steve in NC

Back
Top Bottom