bleach in mud puddles?

Quote:
Don't feel bad. What about adding probiotics to their diet if you're worried about the mud? Filling up their system with good bugs will go a long way towards prevention. You can feed them yogurt, or try lacto fermentation. Things like fermented cabbage are really easy to do, and they're great for humans and chickens.

Quote:
I am 44 years old and always had our own personal well water. We have never chlorinated our water nor heard of anyone doing so. I wonder if it is a localized practice?

Quote:
I am 44 years old and always had our own personal well water. We have never chlorinated our water nor heard of anyone doing so. I wonder if it is a localized practice?

We never chlorinated our well, and I don't know anyone that does. If anything, people install a filter, but that is more for filtering out excess minerals.

Sorry Dani that you are not getting the info that you are looking for.
There is someone here in Washington that was having lots of problem with disease. She did some research and discovered that using bleach was recommended. I don't remember the details. She's an incredibly sharp woman and I don't think would be easily mislead. She says that she now uses in the water all the time. Using it stopped her problems immediately and has had no further problems. Sorry I don't remember the details, but it was months ago. She is on the Washington thread daily so I'll contact her and get the info to you. Either here, or if it gets locked, I'll PM you.

Imp

Quote:
Geez, I've lived with wells for over 50 years & have NEVER put bleach in a well. I have lived a very sheltered life and I drink the water from the well & lived to tell about it. I know sometimes this is done, but I have not known it to be common place. No wonder the world is full of super bugs.

What about emailing your local extension office for some advice? They would have a better idea of how things like soil structure, agriculture, and other issues would play into disease prevention for your area.

Quote:
Not true... we've had wells for YEARS and have never heard of anyone around here shocking them with chlorine. It might be common in certain parts of the country, but not mine.

Just because people have never bleach their well, sure doesn't make it right. More than one reason, it also clean all piping,and fixtures also.

Better safe than sorry.......
Seen on the AP where people live with hundreds of cats in their home, with scat everywhere.....them not getting sick either. But i would never take that risk, same with my water , i will keep it clean. IF a person want to drink well water ,with no treatment ,or a creek, or even a mud puddy. Go for it......Bleach a well if just a way to make your well water safer......cost of 2 gal of bleach to be safer I think is worth it.

Quote:
Geez, I've lived with wells for over 50 years & have NEVER put bleach in a well. I have lived a very sheltered life and I drink the water from the well & lived to tell about it. I know sometimes this is done, but I have not known it to be common place. No wonder the world is full of super bugs.

the bleach kills those super bugs, hard to believe how many people just risk their heath , New wells are alway bleach to get them approved here.Just for the piping and other reason.

Back
Top Bottom