Bleeding leg

One of my Sapphire Gems has a leg injury and I've no idea how it happened. I am VERY careful about making sure there are no nails or wires poking about that my girls could get snagged on. She had the same leg/same injury a few weeks ago. I separated her and treated the wound with Vetericyn Plus. After 4 days, it looked healed enough and not bloody so I put her back with the rest of the flock. All seemed well until this morning. It has been over 2 weeks since the last bleeding episode. This morning I noticed blood in the coop when I went to check their food and water. Same hen and same leg was dripping blood. I separated her again and sprayed ample amounts of Vetericyn Plus on her leg. She is standing on the leg and I don't think she is limping. The wound appears to be up into the feathers and not in the scales of her leg. Is there anything else I can do for her or just hope she can heal with care I am currently giving her?View attachment 3148109View attachment 3148110
One of my Sapphire Gems has a leg injury and I've no idea how it happened. I am VERY careful about making sure there are no nails or wires poking about that my girls could get snagged on. She had the same leg/same injury a few weeks ago. I separated her and treated the wound with Vetericyn Plus. After 4 days, it looked healed enough and not bloody so I put her back with the rest of the flock. All seemed well until this morning. It has been over 2 weeks since the last bleeding episode. This morning I noticed blood in the coop when I went to check their food and water. Same hen and same leg was dripping blood. I separated her again and sprayed ample amounts of Vetericyn Plus on her leg. She is standing on the leg and I don't think she is limping. The wound appears to be up into the feathers and not in the scales of her leg. Is there anything else I can do for her or just hope she can heal with care I am currently giving her?View attachment 3148109View attachment 3148110
Hi, did you ever find out what happened to her? I have a hen with the same bleeding area as your hen had so I am on here to look for answers.

Back
Top Bottom