blood ring or blind

No I don't think so, at lockdown the chick is pretty much fully developed and ready for hatch it's mainly the yolk and blood vessels that need absorbing and it getting into position for hatch that happens after lockdown.

that makes me feel tons better. LOL makes sense to me too. i have never seen eggs so tiny, i just cant imagine how they do it.

I've never done serama eggs but have seen pics. Yes they are small, the smallest I've done are quail it's amazing how nature works and a chick can come out of them.
My last batch of polish I did had a very small egg compared to the rest of them but I put it anyway convinced nothing would come of it. Shocked me when it made it to lockdown and then was first to hatch, produced a lovely healthy chick.
Nature really is great.

nature is awesome !! I couldnt help myself , last night i put the flashlight against one of the eggs and it still looks like it hasnt progressed. it wiggled quite a bit away from the light. Have i counted wrong? ( the 21st) I seen veins too. but they are alive. i checked temps about a week ago against 2 other thermometers they all read the same. the temp is still low in there 97.5-98

I've just counted on the calendar and you are on day 18. The day you set is not day 1. Day 1 begins after a full 24 hours of incubation.

So you set on the 21 October at 10am. Day 1 is 22 October 10am. Day 2 is 23 October 10am. Day 3 is 24 October 10am and so on.

i did count the 21st as day one. i thought because they went in early in the morning ..... thank you. do you think what i am seeing in there is normal for day 18 then ? and the temp is not too low? it is 2 degree lower then before lock down. does that cause spraddle leg or just being too high?

Can you post a pic? On day 18 the egg should be looking quite full with a good air sac.
You can sometimes see the veins at the fat end/airsac of the egg. Can you tweet the incubator just a little bit to get another degree. Is it still or forced air?

If you think they are delayed in development could the temps have been low from the start of incubation?

Back
Top Bottom