Blooie's Blankie Fort

Obviously not as well as I thought I did!
lau.gif

As it stands right now out of 26 eggs put in lock down 20 have hatched . Three didn't pip at all,and it looks like another one died during the zip process. I have one that has a tiny pip in it, but has made no progress all day long.
The final one has a hole in it about a little bigger than a dime. I can see its head and beak moving,but it can't seem to get into position to zip. When I get home in the morning if its still alive I will try to assist it. By then it will be about 28 hours like that, so it should have absorbed its yoke by then. I've never done it before, so I'm a little nervous about it.

I had to assist two and was very nervous! The 1st was really struggling and screaming like crazy. I helped a bit and put it back in the Bator to do the rest itself. The second, Sweet Pea, was really weak and getting weaker by the minute. The egg was really wet inside and I saw bubbles forming from her beak. I was worried she'd die by drowning so carefully began removing pieces of she'll away from her beak and helped her most the way out. The shells were extremely hard and membranes drying out. Yolk sacks were absorbed and no blood thank goodness. IDK how to add a link but the one @Blooie PM'd was a godsend! Good luck with your babies :)

Lol
Blooie's a smart cookie....

Sides, ya kno I gots BROWNIES!!!!!
Don't know how I missed this....but you know I hate chocolate. Silly man!! Little Yokel is doing great....even ate a little egg yolk tonight. Sweet Pea, not so much. He/she is still having eye issues. One won't open. Been bathing it and put some antibiotic ointment on it this evening. Little Yokel decided he likes the taste of that stuff too! Little brat!

I had to assist two and was very nervous! The 1st was really struggling and screaming like crazy. I helped a bit and put it back in the Bator to do the rest itself. The second, Sweet Pea, was really weak and getting weaker by the minute. The egg was really wet inside and I saw bubbles forming from her beak. I was worried she'd die by drowning so carefully began removing pieces of she'll away from her beak and helped her most the way out. The shells were extremely hard and membranes drying out. Yolk sacks were absorbed and no blood thank goodness. IDK how to add a link but the one @Blooie PM'd was a godsend! Good luck with your babies
smile.png
Hey, you can't have a Sweet Pea...I had it first! I think.

A Cream Legbar has just joined the family! She/he looks kinda goopy and the inside of the shell looked really nasty, but the little stinker is active and already making friends with Little Yokel. I truly did not have any hope for any other eggs but the Green Magnolia and the Olive Egger, so this one was a total surprise!!!
Aww, congratulations!!! You're off to a great start! Cream Legbar, huh? I'm jealous!

I had to assist two and was very nervous! The 1st was really struggling and screaming like crazy. I helped a bit and put it back in the Bator to do the rest itself. The second, Sweet Pea, was really weak and getting weaker by the minute. The egg was really wet inside and I saw bubbles forming from her beak. I was worried she'd die by drowning so carefully began removing pieces of she'll away from her beak and helped her most the way out. The shells were extremely hard and membranes drying out. Yolk sacks were absorbed and no blood thank goodness. IDK how to add a link but the one [@=/u/261716/Blooie]@Blooie[/@] PM'd was a godsend! Good luck with your babies :)

Hey, you can't have a Sweet Pea...I had it first!  I think.

Well, can you think of a more suitable name for this one? Maybe Peanut, lol.

Gracie June, Sweet Pea and Butterscotch :)

It's a scary, nerve-wracking experience for sure but very rewarding. Just when I thought I was done I learned DD asked her teacher if we could do an in class hatch for science and offered our eggs n incubator. The teacher delightfully agreed! :barnie

Back
Top Bottom